Monday, October 1, 2012

Oh Hey October



Normally, October 1st really starts to feel like Fall. Leaves changing colors, a real crispness in the air, the need for scarves and sweaters. But today was the HOTTEST day since we've been in SF. It was at least 80 degrees and the sun was out all day. It's past 8 pm right now, and there is still a warm wind coming through the window. Just when I thought the weather here was totally predictable, it went all Denver on me.

This searching for a job thing is tough. Not that I thought it was going to be easy, but it's really tough. I feel stagnant and stuck. And I'm one of those people - and I hope I'm not alone -  that becomes less motivated and less productive when I have very little to do. 

So, in order to feel more productive and make it feel a little more Fall-y around here, I decided to make a little list of fun things I want to do in these next few months. Besides my painfully obvious goal to GET A JOB, these are other fall activities that will continue to help us meet people and get to know SF.

-Pumpkin patch and carving here
-Wine tasting and grape stomping in Napa
-Host a Friends-giving
-Make caramel apples
-Go to a Cal Berkeley football game
-Have a picnic here
-Keep on blogging
-Go camping
-Dress up for Halloween (Haven't done this in years)
-Haunted house.. maybe (I like the idea of going to one, but I don't handle them too well:)
-Run at least 2 races and get back in shape

October, I hope you are full of many great surprises, a little clarity and direction, and lots of smiles!


2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Agree on a million parts of it - first of all, it's 100 degrees at my house right now. So inappropriate, October!

    Red's is delicious and one of my favorite places to go before Giants games, which, by the way, NEEDS to be on your list!! Playoffs baby, ATT park is unreal fun.

    You are totally not alone, I am the most unproductive person ever if I don't have things to do every day.

    Chris got a job in the city! He starts on Monday - I think we will be staying up here in Petaluma, at least for now, but definitely will be spending more time down there now!

    We were going to go to Hardly Strictly because it's SO FUN but it's going to be so crazy, we might just skip it. But it's the most fun festival in the city, ever. You guys should totes go!

    Also, I have to add something to your list that we should do together - eat oysters from Tomales Bay! Tomales Bay Oyster Company looks awesome and is usually busy, so must be cool! Delicious!

    Glad you are loving the city. Northern California is so beautiful, I am always discovering new and amazing things here.

    Keep your head up, Kaitlin! Something amazing and unexpected will come your way - you are dynamic and smart and wonderful - things will work themselves out! My mom always says, the Universe abhors a vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know when you are down in the city. We absolutely need to meet up. What will he be doing for work??

    I'll have to check out Hardly Strictly - I've never heard of it! And yes let's absolutely go to Tomales Bay! Among many other activities we should do together. We also really want to come check out Petaluma one of these weekends.

    You are so sweet Jess. Your comments are uplifting and refreshing. And your mom is a smart lady! Can't wait until our paths cross, hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete