I gave Felix a small gift last week to celebrate Thursday. One thing (of MANY) that I've learned in my very long relationship with him is that you can absolutely never celebrate too often. It is so easy to get bogged down by routine and work and everything else that seems to consume our lives, but one thing we have always been pretty good at is celebrating 'just because.' It's amazing how sometimes just a little extra effort can turn a whole day around. It doesn't take much; I gave him a precious greeting card I found while at the airport in LA, framed in a rustic wood frame I bought at a boutique in SF, which is now sitting on his nightstand. A little reminder of how much he means to me - and there can never be enough of those reminders.
Just a few random thoughts while I'm sitting here in my newly organized 'office', taking a break from my 3rd application for the day. Thankfully, the weather has cooled down and I've spent the better half of my day looking through our wedding pictures and cleaning, so I'm a happy girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment