Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Napa Valley, CA


Over the weekend, we made a day trip to Napa Valley and it was more beautiful than we ever expected. It was a first time for both of us, but I had a very clear picture in my mind of what I expected 'wine country' to look like. It was a 90 degree, clear sky day. We rented bikes and took a 15-mile ride along the edge of some of the most beautiful vineyards. By the end, I was sweaty and sore. We parked our bikes at a park in Yountville and relaxed in the shade. We had a small picnic outside a grocery store, and to top off an already wonderful day, we met up with a girl who I basically grew up (who I hadn't seen in 4 or so years) and and her boyfriend, who are now living in Napa. We went to the chicest, most adorable restaurant in St. Helena, who grows and farms everything they offer on the menu. Fabulous wine, food, and even better company. It makes my heart smile thinking about all the old friends I have been able to reconnect with since I've been in SF. 


Napa is definitely not being crossed off the list anytime soon. There is still so much to do and see and DRINK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment