Unfortunately, because of the exciting weekend, early holiday happenings, and many other excuses, the blog is lacking this week. I'm going to try to finish out the week strong, but truthfully, I am so excited to have my parents in town and to be hosting my brother-in-law and his girlfriend this weekend, that just may not happen. But I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about by next week.
So on Sunday, I celebrated 25 years of life, and 6 official months of marriage. 2 of my best friends flew in from Denver and DC, and we celebrated with some other friends with a weekend of wine tasting, yummy food, and laughs. It was so good to have them out here and share a little slice of my life in SF.
25 is a big one. I am no longer in my early 20's. I am closer to 30 than 20. I feel like I should be an adult, and have more of my life 'figured out.' I've talked a lot about birthdays on this blog. How they're never as good as your expectations. How they're always so built up but end up being very anti-climactic. But this year was an exception. The combination of spending time with some of my favorite people and doing fun activities in my new city, mixed with me knowing I got to see my parents shortly after, made it an amazing celebration. I felt an enormous amount of love this weekend. I am incredibly grateful for the people in my life and for 25 wonderful, healthy years.
Cheers! And happy, happy Thanksgiving!
(The reason for the severe delay in posts: I was notified yesterday that I have hit the limit on my 'free' photo-uploading capabilities on this blogger interface. Didn't even know that was possible! Obviously, a huge part of my creativity and expression comes from my photos, so there will need to be some changes around here pretty soon. For those of you who do read, please be patient and keep checking in! And there will be some massive picture updates soon.)
What?! How is that allowed? That is WAY lame. I like the way tumblr looks for photos, but I like to write too, and I don't know how they do with the combo. Wordpress is cool too. But that's so annoying!! Boo. This is a google interface too, i feel like google is usually not that lame. let me know if you find a cool new interface and how you like it!
ReplyDeleteAlso, super glad you've had a great last few weeks!!
Oh and while we are on blog questions - how do you upload photos to your blog? I have to connect my phone, then move them into iphoto, then upload them on the blog. it takes forever. is there another way?