Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Midweek Dates

Weekends are a given; they are almost always fun. Meaning, even if you have nothing planned, they still end up being a good time - they are designed for excitement and relaxing. I think it's important to frequently make plans in the middle of the week. It gives you something to look forward to in a busy week of 'work.' Schedule drinks with a girlfriend, plan a unique date with your significant other, or go get dessert in a new neighborhood. Doing something fun that's out of routine can breed extra productivity and motivation and also significantly boost your mood. 

Yesterday, knowing I would be having happy hour with one of my best friends literally got me through the day. It forced me to make some big checkmarks on my list because I knew that in a few hours we would be drinking cheap wine and eating bar food. Making midweek plans helps you slow down the week and can make an average weekday feel extra special.
{The creepy owl that watched over our booth last night}

No comments:

Post a Comment