Wednesday, November 7, 2012

His and Hers

Today is a cold and gloomy day in the city. I've managed to stay in my sweats all day, and I justified it by being semi-productive on the job front. But really I've just watched a lot of Sex and the City. 

To force myself out of the apartment at least once today, I signed up for this business/networking event through the company I've recently teamed up with for part-time work/income. It's a skincare company called Rodan+Fields, and they offer a kick-ass anti-age/reverse line (same doctors who created Proactiv) through a multi-level marketing setup. If you're anything like me, the word that naturally comes out at the end of 'multi-level marketing' is scheme. But I signed on as a consultant because honestly, I had nothing to lose, and I've been pretty surprised with the results. Not only are the products awesome, but it forces me out of my comfort zone with the business model and into the city to meet other consultants at these events. It's not something I want to pursue full-time, but it is helping my mind stay active and bringing in a tiny bit of money.

So anyways, Felix and I have been using the skincare line for the last month, which means we get to do his and her face masks every night, which has been pretty amusing. And it got me thinking about how fun it is to have routine and tradition like that with your significant other. We like to work out together, and then go eat a really big breakfast. We also have his and her matching coffee cups and black leather jackets. And we have his and her blue running shoes.

I think having routines can make usually mundane tasks, like washing your face and working out, much more fun! Happy (late) Wednesday night!


No comments:

Post a Comment