Thursday, November 29, 2012

Holiday High

The last few weeks have been way too much fun. Between my birthday celebrations (which trickled into all of last week), Thanksgiving, traveling up north, family and friends in town, and little celebrations with Felix, it's been really easy to stay busy and distracted. Now that everyone is gone, and things have returned to 'normal,' it's a little bit depressing coming off of such a 'holiday high'. I hate to be such a repetitive negative nancy, but it's especially hard returning to a 'normal' schedule when I don't really have a schedule and routine to return to. These wonderful 2 weeks have passed, and I am exactly where I was when they began; jobless, sitting alone in a coffee shop, waiting for responses from companies. I know it's a temporary post-holiday funk, but it felt fitting to write about on this rainy, gray day. And on that note, I'll try to fight the urge to wrap up in a blanket and eat chocolate and I'll try and cross some things off my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment