Despite it being the middle of December, until today, I hadn't really been on board with the fact that the holidays are coming. But between the Christmas music playing in every cafe and store I walk into and the beautifully lit windows on every corner, there is no denying that it is the holiday season in San Francisco.
I am excited, yes. But it's difficult to feel like I deserve to enjoy the holidays given my current situation. I know that sounds a little harsh, but usually I am so ready and worn out by the time Christmas rolls around, that I feel rewarded by the festive drinks, seasonal music, and days off from work. This year is different because, although I have been working hard to find a job, I don't feel like I've earned a 'break.'
On another note, there has been a little 'movement' around here. I had an interview/assessment yesterday, I've been cranking on the applications, and I have a few meetings set up this week with random connections. I've felt a lot more relaxed lately - I've decided to stop stressing and just trust that something will fall into place. The more pressure I put on myself, the less happy I am. And there's just no point in being unhappy.
To stay in the spirit, I'm drinking hot tea and hanging Christmas decorations tonight. Cheers to the holiday season, and here are a few pictures from around here, if you'd like to see.
To stay in the spirit, I'm drinking hot tea and hanging Christmas decorations tonight. Cheers to the holiday season, and here are a few pictures from around here, if you'd like to see.

No comments:
Post a Comment