On days I am stumped about what to blog about and don't have any personal life theories or emotional epiphanies to write about, it's easiest to just write about my day. Today was another East Bay cousin mini-adventure.
I met my cousin, Jenny, in Oakland this morning and we headed to her hip hair salon loft in Emeryville. We drank tea, she gave me a hip haircut, and per usual, some insightful advice on being 25, and life in general. We did a little shopping on 4th Street, purchased soap and a spatula, and then had a tasty lunch at Tacubaya. We rushed to pick up her youngest son and friend from school, made a stop at the beautiful Berkeley Public Library, and then to the Edible Schoolyard, which is something I've been wanting to see for awhile. We mingled with the chickens (and new ducks!) and walked through rows and rows of berries, vegetables, and olive trees. It is such a cool project and if you haven't heard about it, I recommend reading up on it.
We stopped and got fresh ground coffee from Cole Coffee and then I made my way home on Bart. I'm not used to drinking coffee in the middle of the day, so I'm feeling all sorts of loopy and hyper now. I'm going to make some hot chocolate and send out a few applications before the sunlight is completely gone. I hope everyone had a good day - cheers to Wednesday!
i feel like all i ever write about is my daily activities. I really want to get better about writing in my blog more as if it is a journal, and less like a diary. You do a great job with your blog! Can't wait to see you sooner rather than later! Let's do something soon!
ReplyDelete