Monday, December 10, 2012

Muir Woods

We had a pretty busy weekend, which while fun, always makes the days go by so much faster.

Saturday, we played in a 4 v 4 indoor volleyball tournament. We were paired up with a really nice couple from Stanford, and ended up playing pretty well (although we didn't win). Afterwards, we went with some new friends from the tournament to get some drinks at a bar in Potrero Hill. We sat on the back patio for hours, talking and drinking, and were home and sound asleep by 10 pm. 

Sunday morning, we rented a car and spent the first half of the day in Muir woods. We took an awesome hike and learned about Coastal Redwoods which are in the same family as Giant Sequoias. We ended the day at Muir beach. I had the full intention of swimming, but by the time we got there, the sun wasn't as strong as I would have liked. So we ate our picnic on the beach and stayed bundled up in sweatshirts and blankets on the sand. We enviously watched all of the dogs running around and playing fetch in the water (We really want a dog!). I took a short nap. We ate some more. And then we left early enough to avoid traffic coming back into the city. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Cheers to a great Monday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment