In all of my years living in Colorado, I had never visited Steamboat Springs until this past summer. It's one of those mountain towns that is just far enough away that I always ended up going to Frisco or one of the closer spots. But in June, I went to a graduation party there and immediately fell in love with the town. If the drive up there wasn't beautiful enough, the town is a picturesque, quaint mountain town, with the Yampa River bordering the main street. I loved it so much, that a few months later, I took my parents up to check it out as a possible location for Felix and my wedding/vow renewal and reception next August. We all agreed it was the ideal location; far enough from Denver to make it feel like a destination wedding, but close enough that our family and friends would make the trip. Since it will be in the summer, there will be river rafting, hiking and biking. Not to mention a bunch of really adorable restaurants and bars, both in town and on the ski basin.
*photos 1 and 2 from Steamboat Vacation Rentals, Uncover Colorado
Hey! My family has a bunch of property in Steamboat, I grew up going every summer to our cabin - biggest tip, year round, for Steamboat - go to the Strawberry hot springs!! at night!! they are AMAZING, the stars are AMAZING! And see my friend's band, Missed the Boat, anywhere they play up there! Looks beautiful!!
ReplyDelete