Wednesday, January 30, 2013

On My Mind

Today was a great day. Had a good morning at home, a tasty coffee-to-go, busy morning full of meetings and calls, great lunch with my team, even busier afternoon, and a long, out-of-the-way walk home. I made a quick and easy dinner, caught up with a friend, and watched basketball with Felix. But now I'm sitting here staring at the screen pining for something to write about, and feeling very un-blog-worthy.

There are some weeks when I can't contain my excitement and motivation for this blog - when I'm overflowing with post ideas and writing inspiration. This is not one of those weeks. I spent the last hour catching up on and reading some of my favorite blogs and now I'm feeling very insecure and crappy about mine. Which is exactly why I'm making myself post tonight. Give my big lack of confidence a huge slap in the face. 

This blog is both my friend and enemy. Sometimes it is really painful and annoying and inconvenient. So you ask, why do I do it then? Because I know that writing makes me happy. And it is a long-time (and distant) dream of mine to be a writer (Even if that ends up meaning a writer of my own personal blog). It's a challenge sometimes but that's why I continue to hold myself accountable to it. Goodnight from sleepy San Francisco.



No comments:

Post a Comment