Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cocktail Class

For Christmas, Felix's brother gave us tickets to a cocktail making class for Monday night. It was probably the best timing because it kept us social and awake, despite miserable jet lag. The 'Beverage School' (haha) was located inside the coolest speakeasy bar a few blocks from our apartment. I had no idea how prevalent the 'speakeasy' scene was in San Francisco, but now that I've been to one, I am pumped to find others. Passwords and secret passageway doors and delicious gin and tonics? Yes, please. We learned to make a traditional Old-Fashioned, a Margarita, and a classic Martini, among many others. I used to think a 'cocktail' was a drink made of any type of alcohol with any type mixer. But I was quickly taught that mixing vodka with pre-made cosmo mix is not a cocktail. I learned that fresh lime juice is the only way to go. And I learned the real meaning of 'with a twist.' I am so excited to slowly start stocking our home bar and make real cocktails the next time we entertain friends. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment