Over the last few weekends, Felix and I have taken day trips to some of the beaches closest to the city. On Saturday, we biked to Ocean Beach and Baker Beach and stopped at a great cafe on the way home. Being back in California, I really feel like I'm home. 'Home' is such a loose term for us, as our families are spread out all over the world, but there's something about taking walks through the park and biking to the beach that brings me back to really specific times in my childhood. The strong smell of eucalyptus takes me back to visiting my Grandpa in Irvine. Walking around the lake and sitting on his back porch. And visits to the beach bring me back to riding in the burley behind my dad's bike. Spending long days at the beach near our house in Santa Barbara. It's amazing how vivid some of my memories are and how easily triggered they are by living in California again. Here are just a few pictures from the beautiful weekend (I sure hope I'm not the only one who has memories of burleys. Those things are fantastic).
No comments:
Post a Comment