Yesterday was outrageously beautiful and sunny (Felix went to lunch in shorts and flip-flops!). It was a perfect ending to a glorious November.
This morning, we woke up in our toasty warm bed and excitedly pulled open the curtains to reveal a snow covered ground. We watched in silence as the thick flakes continued to fall and stick to the already 4 inch layer of fluff. So we say, WELCOME DECEMBER! We are excited for what this month is bringing; lots of family and presents and more snow, just to name a few.
Our back porch
Short of anxiously watching the names of schools scroll across the bottom of the TV screen during the news in anticipation of a SNOW DAY, we treated today much like I used to on snow days back when I was in high school. Super lazy morning which blended into an afternoon of PJ's and hot chocolate.
I'm not like most people where I start anticipating Christmas as soon as (or maybe a little before) Thanksgiving is over. I don't believe in decorating, listening to Christmas tunes, or even lighting my favorite cinnamon spice candles any earlier than December 1. But now that it's December.. bring on the Christmas decorations and everything that comes with it!
Sir Toby, my parent's cat, posing by the new tree
Happy happy December!
No comments:
Post a Comment