Between my work schedule and Felix's classes, we aren't left with tons of free nights when I'm not exhausted or when we don't have other things to get done. Like I said before, this situation has caused us to be much more creative when planning our weekly dates. 'Date Night' can be a very flexible term, and as long as we set aside a specific block of time to do something out of our normal routine, I call that successful. A few weeks ago, we scheduled a date morning, in which I was in charge of food and Felix was in charge of the activity. I tried my hand at a version of this breakfast pizza I found online. I wasn't prepared and didn't have all of the ingredients - I replaced sausage with turkey bacon, and I used salsa as the pizza sauce - and it certainly didn't look pretty, but it turned out okay!
Inspired by our fun night out at Canvas and Cocktails in Cherry Creek last month, Felix brought home a couple of blank canvases and tons of paint supplies. We enjoyed breakfast while pretending to be artistic which was a great way to start the day.
Today, we slept in until 9 (amazing!) and tried out a new breakfast place in Capitol Hill. I was recommended a few fun places in that area by a friend who lives there and I am determined to try ALL of them. Jelly's yummy food paired with the adorable diner atmosphere made for a very pleasant morning. They make homemade jelly, fresh every morning and it's a different flavor every day. We were impressed with our meals and if we weren't stuffed enough, we topped the meal off with their famous donut holes filled with house jelly, creamy custard, chocolate, and cinnamon sugar. They were out of this world delicious. The kind of thing you can make room for at the end of any meal. I am excited to go back, maybe for brunch with friends, and enjoy their specialty mimosas!
No comments:
Post a Comment