Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bellingham, WA

A few weeks ago, I went to visit my younger (bigger) brother in Bellingham, WA. With the exception of the 2 full days spent traveling (flight to Seattle then 2.5 hour bus ride to Bellingham), it was a wonderful few days and I am so happy I made the trip.



  
Since I went during his week (my weekend), he had classes to go to so I spent some alone time, enjoying the killer view from his studio apartment, cleaning and wandering/getting lost in the town.


I grocery shopped for him and made him and his friends chili and tested out these s'more cookies

If you ever get the chance to visit WA, in addition to spending time in Seattle, I highly recommend visiting Bellingham. It is a picturesque pacific northwest town. While fall is usually full of rainy days, my few days were gorgeous - warm and sunny!

He graciously decided to skip all of his classes one day and we spent the afternoon wandering through Fairhaven, a small affluent suburb located on the edge of Bellingham Bay, full of high-end boutiques and stellar restaurants. After some fish and chips that rivaled even those we ate in Australia, we took a nap and finished deep cleaning his whole apartment. It was the first time his bathroom floor had seen a mop - what wonderful sisterly influence I have.

On my last night, Christopher, his girlfriend and I went to a wonderful seafood dinner overlooking the water and completed the night watching Toy Story 3. I left early the next morning and got home just in time to head to work at 10:30 pm.

I am so proud of him and it was great to get a glimpse of the life he's made for himself out there. He graduates in 6 short months. I am so excited to see what is next for him, and I have no doubt I will continue to be proud.

I love you baby brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment