Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Little Slice of Nansana

So I realize these posts may be a bit out of order and I probably should have already given you a mini tour of where I'm living - but there were so many more important things to talk about in the beginning. So now, a small tour of the house, town, and some amazing people I spend a lot of my days with.

Our beautiful house

The common/family room



My bedroom - I was upgraded to this luxury room since the house is so empty now



Us with the wonderful staff and interns on a "girl's night"
Resty, Julie, Martina and Shalom, Me, Aunt Sarah, Alise, Doreen, Mercy, Harmony

These past few weeks have been great and of course, busy. I've occupied my time with: cooking traditional African food, a retreat to Jinja, playing Nurse Kaitlin some more, harvesting corn, playing soccer, visiting Makere University, babysitting, and starting to wrap up projects. Two more members of our leader team leave tomorrow morning. One by one, people are returning to their lives stateside. While my departure is only 2 weeks away, I can't even start to think about leaving this place. We'll have a relaxing Sunday tomorrow and then kick off another solid week. To be completely honest, my main goal in these last few weeks is to really not do anything productive at all. I want to spend time with friends and the kids I've grown to love and soak in every last bit of life here.


Have a beautiful Sunday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment