Saturday, June 9, 2012

Baby Brother


Dear baby brother,

Today is the day that you are graduating from college. To say I am proud would be an absolute understatement. Not only are we all shocked that you have kicked college's ass in only 4 years, you have done it with such conviction, grace, and genuineness. You've always been one to fly under the radar and under promise to everyone around you. But you have so far succeeded beyond my biggest expectations. You have turned into a man. A man who treats his family with respect and love, a man who looks at his girlfriend with such sweetness it makes me want to cry, a man who is well travelled, well-educated, and so very smart. I'm not sure you will every be able to remember my birthday, and your grammar is embarrassing, but I love both those things about you. I hope you never stop surprising me. I want to wish you unbelievable luck in all future endeavors, but I also know that you don't need luck. You never have. You will figure it out, just like I did (and still am!) You keep saying 'I feel so old!'... let me tell you baby brother, you are not old. You are so incredibly young. Cherish these next few years. I would argue they are some of the best in your life. I love you more than you'll ever know. Please continue to inspire and awe me. I know you're going to make yourself a damn good story, and I can't wait to be next to you throughout the whole thing. I love you boo.

Your sister

No comments:

Post a Comment