If you're reading this right now, it's because you are extremely close to my heart and are a major factor in why I'm on this journey. If you don't know what I mean by "this journey," then you probably shouldn't be reading this.
The wonderful Kate Verploeg and I are finally all checked in with almost 350 pounds of luggage, sitting at the gate waiting to board. Days I say goodbye to Felix for long periods of time are hard, so mixed in with saying bye to my family for 4 months, I was worried it would have been a lot more difficult than normal. I have a lot of emotions right now, but the main one is excitement. This trip has been on my mind since the day I got back from Uganda last year. I am so ready to be there and re-immerse myself. Although I was there last year, I still don't know what to expect this time around. I can't wait to get there and share my experiences with you (mainly my family because I know you're probably a few of the only ones reading this.) But I would like to make a shout-out to my 2 first followers- Val and James! Thanks, guys!
I am absolutely new to the blogging world and to be completely honest, really didn't know if I wanted to make one. But I have been "blessed" with enormous support and love and I want to share my adventures with you. This whole journey started last year by taking myself out of my comfort zone, so I will continue to do that by doing my best to keep you all updated on here.
Love to everyone, and especially to my incredible grandparents, parents, and Felix. Talk to you from UG!
The wonderful Kate Verploeg and I are finally all checked in with almost 350 pounds of luggage, sitting at the gate waiting to board. Days I say goodbye to Felix for long periods of time are hard, so mixed in with saying bye to my family for 4 months, I was worried it would have been a lot more difficult than normal. I have a lot of emotions right now, but the main one is excitement. This trip has been on my mind since the day I got back from Uganda last year. I am so ready to be there and re-immerse myself. Although I was there last year, I still don't know what to expect this time around. I can't wait to get there and share my experiences with you (mainly my family because I know you're probably a few of the only ones reading this.) But I would like to make a shout-out to my 2 first followers- Val and James! Thanks, guys!
I am absolutely new to the blogging world and to be completely honest, really didn't know if I wanted to make one. But I have been "blessed" with enormous support and love and I want to share my adventures with you. This whole journey started last year by taking myself out of my comfort zone, so I will continue to do that by doing my best to keep you all updated on here.
Love to everyone, and especially to my incredible grandparents, parents, and Felix. Talk to you from UG!
Miss you so much already KK! Yes, I am already reading this haha. I was going to call you today just to hear you voicemail, and then I realized how overwhelmingly creepy that would be, so I resisted. I cannot wait to follow you on this blog and am so excited for the incredible journey you're about to re-embark upon. LOVE YOU.
ReplyDelete